updated 7 June
Proposed Experience Architecture, large image here
updated 5 June
Walkthrough of an updated approach for the Site Builder.
Description: Structure will contain two main sections, a ‘Site Builder’ tool that will make creation of a reasonably sophisticated website relatively easy for non-technical people, and the Taxonomy interface.
- The Site Builder is intended to help people new to Drupal make a site using Drupal in less than 30mins. Not necessarily the final site they want to launch with but to ‘make something’ successfully
- The site builder is essentially a ‘magic user experience layer’ over the toolset that Drupal developers currently use to build a Drupal site.
- The rapid site building is accomplished through the design and inclusion of a collection of sample sites, including the content types, pages and functionality most likely to be required. Novice users can choose one of these and do minimal editing to get to a finished site. Advanced users will create their site from scratch
- Blocks, Views, Content Types are created using this interface, as the user defines the content to be shown on each page.
- The site builder will support a range of levels of expertise – starting with the novice Drupal user and right along the learning curve to expertise
Please feel free to add your thoughts as comments below or if you’d rather publish them elsewhere you can have them the pipe by using this tag #d7ux_6_0